Senior Vice-President, Bank of Utah (Retired)
Rand Matthews was raised in Corpus Christi, Texas. He moved to Ogden in 1969 to finish his degree at Weber State College. During that time, he volunteered at the American Red Cross, assisting military families.
After graduation, he worked for the Department of Labor Job Corps Center as a teacher and GED coordinator. He began his career at Bank of Utah in 1973 and stayed until retirement at the level of senior vice-president nearly 40 years later. Rand and his wife, Marilyn, are the parents of four children and also have five grandchildren.
- Joined the United Way of Northern Utah Board of Directors in 1984
- Served a term as Chairman of the Board
- Organized and served as the first chair of the United Way Audit and Finance Committee
- Raised United Way to a professional level of accountability and transparency
- Has dedicated his time and efforts to addressing the needs of Northern Utah communities